The Graduate School at MSU offers career and professional development resources that focus on four professional skills that are key to career and professional development:
The PREP Program at http://grad.msu.edu/prep/ provides students access to numerous career mentoring workshops on writing, public speaking, teaching, and other aspects of graduate education.
You can find more information about the PREP program and other career services by downloading their PowerPoint. [Download PREP PowerPoint]
In addition, Michigan State University's Career Success is a gateway to resources, programs, and events that will help you get from where you are now to where you want to be professionally
MSU also has a Graduate Career Services Office at http://grad.msu.edu/careerservices/ that provides career counseling and other valuable resources.
- Teaching experience - Students typically teach for one semester as part of their disciplinary training and to prepare them for potential academic careers.
- Certification in Teaching College Science and Mathematics - A voluntary comprehensive program to prepare graduate students in the College of Natural Science for careers in post-secondary education, while enhancing the quality of their teaching at Michigan State.
- Workshops for TAs
- Workshops on Career Choices
- Workshops on Research Integrity, Conflict Resolution, and Responsible Conduct of Rsearch
- English Classes for International Students