The BMS Gateway partners with MSU's Broadening Experience in Scientific Training (B.E.S.T.) Program
Earning a graduate degree in a biomedical science is an enormous achievement. The goal of MSU BEST is to empower trainees to develop professional skills and experiences which will permit them to pursue careers that will be personally and professionally meaningful. At the beginning of a scientific career, it can be difficult to imagine the breadth of possibilities available now, and in the future: MSU BEST seeks to enhance trainees’ ability to develop the confidence and competencies useful in navigating and choosing from diverse career opportunities.
MSU also has a Graduate Career Services Office. Events and resources can be found at: https://grad.msu.edu/phdcareers
- Teaching experience - Students typically teach for one semester as part of their disciplinary training and to prepare them for potential academic careers.
- Certification in Teaching College Science and Mathematics - A voluntary comprehensive program to prepare graduate students in the College of Natural Science for careers in post-secondary education, while enhancing the quality of their teaching at Michigan State.
- Workshops for TAs
- Workshops on Career Choices
- Workshops on Research Integrity, Conflict Resolution, and Responsible Conduct of Research
- English Classes for International Students